The museum was established in 1952 to tell the story of Jordanian civilization through displaying archaeological and historical collections.
The museum is located on the top of Amman Citadel in Amman Downtown. It contains collections of artefacts that were collected from different sites across Jordan. The artefacts were chronicled starting from The Palaeolothic Age up to Islamic Age, including pottery, metal and glass artefacts, in addition to inscriptions, coins and statues. The top exhibits of the museum are the plaster statues of ʻAyn Ghazāl.
The idea of opening a museum of Jordanian stamps came during the reign of His Excellency the Minister of Communications, Mr. Saeed Al-Tal, in 1979.
The Hijaz Railway is a narrow railway, linking Damascus and Medina.
The first public automotive museum in the Arab region.