It is located in Al Hallābāt Region in Aḍ Ḍulayl District, Az Zarqāʼ Governorate. It was opened in 2008 within the visitor center at Qaṣr Al Hallābāt.
It is considered a “site museum”, which means that all pieces within the museum belong to the same site. Al allābāt site includes Palace, Umayyad Mosque, surrounding houses, the Birkah (reservoir), and the bathhouse “Hammām Aṣ Ṣarāḥ”.
The museum includes 150 different artefacts such as inscriptions, marble crowns, statues, mosaics, glass pieces, and pottery objects.
The idea of opening a museum of Jordanian stamps came during the reign of His Excellency the Minister of Communications, Mr. Saeed Al-Tal, in 1979.
The Ottoman Citadel of Ma’an, which became a museum, was built between 1559-1563 during the reign of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent, with the aim of providing safety for pilgrims’ convoys that were passing through Ma’an from the Levant to the Hijaz.
It was opened on 16th June 2019 and it aims to protect heritage such as architectural, cultural, artistic, and religious elements starting from the Nabataean Age until the Late Islamic Age.